Monday, November 22, 2010

Final - Rejected and Redo


So my abstract artwork is being rejected by lecturer. The reason is my abstract fail to evoke the feeling of stress to my audience. My abstract is more to happy/positive emotion. The reason that cause this is because....(which i think...) My colorful tiles which represent positive emotion is too much. If I were to make an abstract artwork of stress, my positive emotion should be less than the stress emotion. That's why it made my artwork more like a positive emotion abstract. Other than that, i use green color as the color of stress. This is a big mistake as green is the color of nature, color of recycle, forest, etc etc.

Abstract (old)

So I think all over again and make a new abstract artwork.


Artwork Description (Abstract): This is my abstract artwork which showed the feeling of “stress”. This abstract is also based on the caption, “stress is poison”. I use black color as the main color of this artwork as it could give a strong “stress” feeling. The black stroke color occupies the artwork and the negative space show up the caption, “stress is poison “. I choose rough stroke to represent the stress feeling. The stroke goes in a random manner also show the stress kind of feel. The outside black stroke is like spreading towards outside which mean like poison is spreading. I use noise as the background as it could give a stressful feeling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment